Siempre Mujer magazine launches First Annual Hispanic Music Festival
in Charleston, S.C.
Event to Feature Evening Concert with Los Tigres del Norte, Gilberto Santa Rosa and Chino y Nacho, and Free Family-Friendly Daytime Activities
NEW YORK (April 23, 2012) - SIEMPRE MUJER, the largest Spanish-language magazine for Hispanic women in the U.S., announces today the first-annual Siempre Mujer Music Festival , presented by Ford and hosted by the magazine's editor in chief María Cristina Marrero. The star-studded event will take place on June 16, 2012 at the Family Circle Cup Stadium in Charleston, S.C.
During the free daytime event, the whole family can participate in various activities and seminars designed for everyone. During the evening, fans will enjoy a concert headlined by Grammy Award-winning artists' Los Tigres del Norte,Gilberto Santa Rosa and Chino y Nacho. Tickets to the evening concert are on sale at the venue box office and Ticketmaster, and range from $25-$69 (plus fees, where applicable).
Doors open at 9:30 a.m. for the free daytime festival which will give attendees the opportunity to interact with personalities like Gilberto Santa Rosa and Xavier Serbiá from "CNN Dinero". In addition, attendees of every age can enjoy in a variety of activities created by the magazine's editors. Highlights include:
• Self-empowerment, beauty, health, careers, food and fashion seminars led by the Siempre Mujer editorial staff and experts like Xavier Serbiá from "CNN Dinero," astrologer Carlos Javier Aranzales and Gilda Torres, editor of the career and employment section of siempremujer.com and work/life balance guru
• Soccer and tennis clinics for kids hosted by professional USL soccer team the Charleston Battery and the United States Tennis Association (USTA)
• Carolina Studios, a mobile studio giving kids and adults access to state-of-the-art recording equipment
• An informative and interactive panel focused on immigration, with CNN en Español's Juan Carlos López and other experts
• Live music by Charleston's own DJ Luigi Bravo, Zumba dance instruction, and much more!
"As a magazine written for and about U.S. Latinas, we understand the importance of heritage, family, music, food and beauty in their lives. With the growth of the Hispanic market, particularly in the southeast region of the country, the time has come to celebrate," says María Cristina Marrero, editor in chief of Siempre Mujer. "We're excited to bring the pages of the magazine to life and celebrate Hispanic culture together."
The Siempre Mujer Music Festival is presented by Ford and sponsored by Garnier Fructis, the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, CNN en Español, ELLA TV and Ser Padres magazine. The onsite charity partner is Casa de Esperanza, whose mission is to mobilize Latinas and their communities to end domestic violence. Event sponsors and partners will be integrated into daytime activities including Ford's test drive experience, exhibition of their latest models, interactive games for a chance to win premiums, cash prizes, a vehicle giveaway sweeps entry, and more.
Tickets for the evening concert are now on sale at Ticketmaster locations,
and (800) 745-3000, and are priced from $25 to $69 each.
For more information on programming and performing artists, and participate in
special promotions, please visit www.SiempreMujer.com/festival2012, as well as Facebook
(www.Facebook.com/RevistaSiempreMujer and Twitter www.twitter.com/siempremujer .