> Noticias Detalles
Lisa Jordan UGA Cooperative Extension
Saving energy is an effective way to minimize your carbon footprint while saving money. Below are strategies you can implement to save energy and money. Be a part of the solution and start saving today!
1) Set your thermostat 2 degrees Fahrenheit below normal, and reduce your energy bill by approximately 10%.
2) Set your water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Insulate your water heater and pipes.
4) Keep your refrigerator and freezer full, and they will use less energy.
5) Seal leaks and cracks in and around your home’s doors, windows and pipes.
6) Replace incandescent light bulbs with light emitting diodes (LEDs) or compact florescent light bulbs (CFLs).
7) Insulate your ceilings, walls, and attic in order to reduce your energy bill.
8) Select a laptop computer as opposed to a desktop computer. Laptops draw significantly less power than desktops.
9) Use a microwave oven instead of a conventional oven. A microwave oven consumes approximately 80% less electricity than a conventional oven, plus it doesn’t add additional heat to your home.
10) When you purchase an appliance, buy an Energy Star labeled model.